UP Cat Serial Killer

There is this news going around the blogoshpere of a Cat Serial Killer in UP Diliman. The reason being is that he posted his misadventures in his now defunct Multiply page (utterly stupid if I might say). This was recently showed in GMA 7's show with Jessica Soho (idk the show's name, i don't watch TV anymore)

The blog entry contained crisp and specific details of his epic fails and his feelings of joy towards his chosen activity. I will not name him as I don't want to condemn him anymore than he already is. (use google if you want to know more)

As he was unmasked, he was bombarded and hated in almost every blog that mentioned his name. There were rude pictures of him. He got the full force of the Internet's wrath and judgement. Basing from the timestamps and sheer volume of responses, it looks like the issue spread like wild fire. This led to him cancelling his Multiply and Friendster account.

As of the moment, it was said that he is not attending his classes anymore. He was said to have apologized but bloggers and commenters alike knew no mercy for him. That much I know. I did not find any news as to where he is right now.

This is one of the stories you thought you only see on Discovery Channel documentaries or movies.

A few words from his cancelled blog page:

I didn't see it die pero sabi ni Myles it coughed up blood or at least something like that daw. Didn't realize I gave it a fatal hit. This isn't the first time I've killed a cat but this time it's different. It didn't occur to me back then that the cat had a leash. So I think somebody owns it. Well it's very well loved in NIP from what I heard and I just ended it's life. So there you go I'm sorry. And I wont be striking another one for maybe about a month. It feels good when your beating it(a cat) up but you suddenly feel something strange when it turns off permanently. That's how I feel right now. And maybe for the next days. Dang, am I a cat serial killer?


It is quite understandable that many people would hate and condemn the kid for doing what he does. I reacted the same way. He is sick after all (duh). What troubles me is this is more serious than how the internet or most of its users see it. Sad to say many UPians are also jumping in (or even started?) the Hate the Cat Serial Killer wagon.

But let us look at the bigger picture: Yes the kid gets off on killing cats but what does condemning him over and over (and over) again will do to help?

And I hope someone is taking action.

Yes jailing him might be a logical thing to do. (but how long can you keep a guy in prison for killing an animal?) And at the tender age of 18, even if this guy gets canned, he still has his blooming sadistic career in front of him. What he needs is serious professional help - counseling, therapy and rehabilitation. Not only for him but for the community around him too.

I'll to follow this and hope I see news in the near future that he is getting the help he needs.

We have a Serial Killer in the making here (I mean that in the most objective of ways) and everyone is just hitting him more with hate and angst. Real smart.