9 Bands That Bit The Dust

I hate seeing musicians go or change for the worse. Its a waste to see a really good and promising band make just one album then break up. Or a really good band go out at the height of their career.

Here are bands that disbanded prematurely or evolved into an undesirable entity.

Crazy Town - yes they weren't that good and they weren't that big but I feel that they have niche that only they can fill. Oh and the girl in the Butterfly video is HOT. Sexy, almost evil...

Linkin Park - first album was really good. And though they achieved more success on their later efforts, I think their first album is their ONLY good album. Crawling in my skin...

Matchbox Twenty - Ok I don't know what really happened to them. I don't know if they are back together or what. But I loved Mad Season. Rob Thomas turned gay after that. I heard they were getting back together but I doubt they can re-capture their glory. Last beautiful girl...

Dicta License - Did they have a second album? It may be just me but I believe they stepped out of the limelight. Their material was so powerful. Kinda like RATM. If they are still out there, they should be making more noise and getting a bigger name for themselves. They deserve it. Kumilos na mga ubing...

Shiela And The Insects - like Dicta, very promising but I can't seem to find them now. I think they came out with one or two videos then that's it. In the era of pogi rock, they came out with such unique sound. So unique, it sounded foreign. You dont turn me on...

New Radicals - its sad to see these guys go out. "Someday We'll Know" is already a classic for me. Maybe because I was in that impressionable time of my life but still I think very few would argue that this is one good act. 90 miles outside Chicago...

POT - Karl Roy and his first group was awesome. Funky yet heavy. They were a pleasure to listen to. Very powerful music and vocals. You can sense the passion in the words. Too bad it was one album and that was it. Remastered was a very welcome release though. Sa panaginip lang...

Rivermaya - yes they are still together but I feel that the Maya essence is gone. Really gone. It was a miracle that Rico and the rest pulled off when they resurrected the band after Bamboo's departure and the tuning down of the Filipino band music in the late 90's. But with Rico gone and a weak choice of front man, the group is going to need another miracle. Especially with the battles they are going through right now. I mean choosing a front man to replace Bamboo MaƱalac and Rico Blanco should take more than holding a contest. With greats like Bamboo and Rico who graced it, I think the Maya front man position is a sacred spot slaughtered by that pogi boy teenager vocalist. I don't even know his name. Natatawa sa atin kaibigan...

Eraserheads - this is a given. Perhaps the most painful breakup (no pun intended) in Philippine music history. The legend was written and it is already engraved on every Filipino music lover. Its just it was such a shame that Ely had to leave the band and informed them (allegedly) through SMS only. And everyone is also aware of the bitter aftertaste that band members had for each other after they went their ways on 2002. Minsan sa may Kalayaan tayo'y nagkatagpuan...

Special Mention - Parokya Ni Edgar.
No, Parokya Ni Edgar did not disband, they did not loose a member and they haven't lost their sound. But this is a band whom I think will never disband or suffer a loss of a band member. They are so tightly-knit that I think they will be making music until they, themselves bite the dust.