We Are The World 2010 For Haiti


Lady Gaga, Eminem, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake and Barbra Streisand are just a handful of the 100-plus stars scheduled to take part in a re-recording of “We Are the World” to benefit Haiti



...include Celine Dion, Fergie, Wyclef, Enrique Iglesias and more musicians who attended the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards.

-rollingstone.com

Wow this looks like a keyword post. But its not. I am a big music fan. This remake has so many implications on so many levels for me. Just a read on the comments of the rollingstone.com article is enough to at least tickle any music man or music fan's interst.

I just like to say that this is a great effort and I support it. We should all do our part in helping the Earthquake victims. But...

Many of the points I'll bring up here are from the original article's comments with my added take.

Eminem
- he was famous for bashing on MJ. People are saying that its a disgrace to MJ and his work for Eminem to sing his song. I say: if Eminem really hated MJ, it would be a disgrace to Eminem and not MJ. And we all know Em is not the guy who disgraces himself like that. Its unfair to Eminem to say that its a disgrace to MJ. A lot of people in the media dissed MJ back then. We don't see an eternal hate splurge against late night hosts, do we? I say: let it go! MJ is dead. We all know how everyone loves him.

Its not like Em singled out on MJ too. Em was young, immature and stupid. He dissed everyone. And everyone dissed MJ too. See how we shouldn't make this a big deal?

If anything, we should give Em credit for doing his part.

More importantly, value. I mean, is this the best this generation has to offer? I mean we had the likes of Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen, Lionel Richie and of course MJ on the original. Now what? Justin Timberlake, Fergie, Wyclef, Enrique Iglesias? God I hope they don't include Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus. That would be a real insult to MJ for sure.

Its kind of a consolation that Orianthi will joining the project.

I cant complain too much though. Its all for a good cause and we should all support that. But the music enthusiast in me can't help but let out a huge scream of disappoitment. I mean this is what we (this generation) is trying to measure up to:



Its not like they did not have the bar set before them. Lennon set the bar. But MJ and these guys did something on their own. They created something.

And now we do a re-make? Please. This is a disgrace to the very few real artists who are unfortunate enough to be a member of this musical generation.

I mean, if I was a real musician, I'd like to be included in the Elvis-era or Beatles-era or MJ-era or the 80's or 90's pop-rock revolution. 50 years from now, if I was a musician, I'd hate to say I was included in the Lil Wayne era.