AMV's = Combining Two Good Things Don't Always Get Good Results

I love music. I have been a music-lover all my life. And just like every other Filipino, I love Anime too. But there is something about the two that doesn't quite add up.

Don't get me wrong, I love original music from Animes. It adds to their kick-ass factor. But I hate AMV's! AMV stands for Anime Music Video. These are mostly fight scene footages from different animes (or sometime video games) that are spliced together then the audio (speech, BG music) is taken out and a song (mostly rock) is embedded to take its place. Sounds cool? Its not.

It kills both the song and the anime. 99.9% of all AMV's are terrible. I didn't say all because I believe there is an exception to every rule, though I am yet to find a good AMV. I guess this is because virtually everyone can do AMV's by themselves. All they need is a copy of Windows Movie Maker which comes with every copy of Windows XP. And with the advent of torrents, getting a copy of your favorite song or anime is almost a no-brainer.

But don't take my word for it. Search YouTube and see if you can find something you like.