Kick-Ass Kicks Ass

The best movies for me are those that kinda take you by surprise. You know, those films you don't think are anything above average but turns out to be exceptional.

When I see films like that, it makes me want to be a movie enthusiast. But then I see disappointments like Clash of the Titans and Avatar (yes, unlike most everyone, I did NOT like the Pocahontas rehash) and it makes me think that movie-going is a gamble. I have no problems with spending money for liesure, I just want to make sure I get my money and time's worth.

Back to the movie, it really took me by surprise kinda like American Beauty. When I first saw American Beauty on HBO, I thought it was just going to be another average movie I can watch on a weekend afternoon to pass my time. But I was pleasantly surprised. I loved the film. It is still one of my favorite movies of all time. Kick-Ass is the same for me. All I was expecting was a decent, funny movie but I saw what I think would one of my favorite films of all time.

I really enjoyed a few films this year - Shutter Island, How To Train Your Dragon and this one.

A few things I love about Kick-Ass are

Surprising events - I love watching movies where I don't know what's gonna happen.

Action Scenes - seriously, watching a little girl beat up several guys is just pure win for me. And it's not like it's girly fight scenes.

Characters - I like Hit Girl. I remember when Harry Potter first came out and my friends were all drooling at Hermione and how it's too bad that she is just a kid. Hit Girl has a beautiful face. Yes, she is 13 years old and she looks like it but you can tell she is going to have a very beautiful face when she grows up.

It's a shame that it didn't get as big as it should be. This is probably because the movie had lots of violence and gore. I think it was marketed as a "superhero movie" but the gore level was almost for an above 18 audience. And sure it had its shortcomings but still, it totally rocked!

Another thing I love about it is that there is a sequel! Can't wait for Kick-Ass 2!




Advertise with my Blog