The Vapor Rub + Hot Water Method - Immediate Relief For Clogged Nose

There are tons of advertisement on TV and everywhere for relief for a clogged nose. Just this Christmas, I had one of the worst clogged nose experiences in my life. I had terrible colds and cough. I'm thankful that I didn't get the flu but the colds that I got was really terrible. I got the worst headache from it. Good thing I found out about this treatment.

I had one of the worst headache due to colds in my life. When it would strike, I would just stop where I was standing and sit down in pain. It feels like someone put a balloon inside my head and they're blowing on it. I feel like something is expanding from inside my skull. That's how bad it was.

Disclaimer: I am not a physician and this may or may not work for you. I am not aware of any side effects it could have (if any at all.) Try at your own risk. It's not like this is super dangerous but I don't want to be held responsible if you mess up and hurt yourself in any way.

Now that that's out of the way, here's what you do when you get a clogged nose.

1. Get a small bowl or cup or any similar container. Preferably something not used as a food container.

2. Get a small amount of vapor rub and put it in the container.

3. Boil some water. This is important. If you can, do not use water that has been sitting in the thermos. The hotter the water, the better.

4. Pour the hot water in the bowl with the vapor rub until the vapor rub dissolves. Caution: Be very careful when handling the hot water. Ask for assistance if neccessary.

5. Put your face over the steaming hot water + vapor rub solution and breathe in the hot, menthol steam. It'll clear your airways very fast. Again, be very careful around the hot water.

The less water and more vapor rub you use, the more potent your solution will be. But the less water you use the quicker it'll get cold. So if you're planning on sniffing this menthol solution for a while, prepare a lot of vapor rub and hot water.

Some even suggest to put a towel over your head while inhaling the vapor so that you take in more steam.

Have I mentioned that this brings in immediate relief? Not like those advertised medication, this clears your nose and throat instantly.

One certain side effect though is that it leaves your face feeling oily and sweaty and if you're wearing glasses like me, you'll want to take off your glasses first. But hey, that's a small price to pay for cheap, instant relief from clogged nose! :)

Again, be very careful around the hot water.

HTH