My Free Domain Is Almost Expiring

Almost one year ago, I was browsing through some forums and I found a post containing information on getting a free .com domain. I was very skeptical but I thought that I had nothing to lose by trying it. So I did.

I tried the service and I got a free .com domain. I used my first and last name so I didn't have to worry about domain name availability. Unfortunately, it's just for one year. I learned a lot from that too. It was the first time I got my own domain name. It was pretty cool. I learned how to set-up cnames and stuff like that.

However, in two months, that domain name will expire. As happy as I was with them, I won't be renewing the service from the domain name provider. Their .com domain names are too expensive for me. I wanted to transfer the domain name to GoDaddy but I hear a lot of not-so-good news from them. And their website interface is not so user-friendly. I will just transfer to Namecheap. As the name implies, they have cheap domain names and I hear generally good news about them.

When I transfer this domain name in March, it'll be the first time that I'll be transferring domain name providers. I hope it goes well.