Nikon-1 Canon-0 | The Case Of 35mm f/1.8 Prime Lens

I am disappointed, to say the least.

Why doesn't Canon have a 35mm f/1.8 prime lens?? Nikon has one! I thought these things were supposed to be straight-up model battles. But maybe that's just me. The closest thing Canon has are 35mm f/2 and 28mm f/1.8 primes, both of which are wickedly expensive.

I think I just enjoyed using my friend's 35mm f/1.8 prime lens too much. It was really fun using that lens compared to my camera's kit lens. I enjoyed going all to way to f/1.8 during dark situations. It allowed me to increase the shutter speed without having sacrificing brightness. I loved the bokeh effect too.

I think I'll go for a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. It's the cheapest prime lens around and it also has a nice aperture. Problem is, I think it's too telephoto for general use. But we'll see.