Noy Needs To Grow A Pair

This is one of the reasons I didn't like our dear president back then, during election time. Now he's doing it again. He needs to grow a goddamn pair!

This is about Ferdinand Marcos' burial at the Libingan ng mga Bayani. I am no history expert but I reckon someone like him does not fit in there. Hey, Hitler showed exceptional leadership skills, he was able to rally thousands of people for his twisted cause. But does that make him a "good" leader deserving of praise? Even if Marcos did do the country some good, that doesn't change the fact that he was a power hungry dictator. But I digress.

Noy does not want to decide on the issue. He is afraid of being labeled as "biased." I say "So what?" His bias all the more makes him the more appropriate person to decide on the matter. His family was one of the Martial Law era's most prominent "victims." He has the (most) right to decide on the Hero's Burial. Not to mention, he is the fucking president.

Besides, he is the most popular and powerful man on the country. He is going to have critics no matter what he does. He is in the most powerful position to initiate continuous progress and development. And to do that, sacrifices have to be made. You can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs. And it looks like the president is just afraid to break a few. (no pun intended) He is too afraid of public opinion. He does not want to lose his high approval rating. Or at least that's what I think.

This is what happens when a candidate runs for office because of public and peer pressure. If he wins, he becomes an indecisive incumbent.

Am I totally against Noy? No. When he won, I promised myself I'll support him and see what he has to offer. I thought that would be more constructive. Let's just say he lost one point in my book.