The Pirates Still Got It (Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Review)

I've read mixed reactions about the latest installment to the Jack Sparrow and gang franchise. Being a fan, I was a little disappointed because I was expecting majority stellar reviews on the film. But still, that did not stop me from seeing the film in the theater.

And I glad I did. For me, it was superb. They really still got it. One thing that I found a little bit out-of-the-picture was the addition of Penelope Cruz. While she is hot in all ways possible and I can see why she was chosen as Sparrow's leading lady, there is something about her portrayal of the character that did not sit very well with me. She kinda fits in the picture but not really. Cleavage time can also improve too. =P I liked the team with Knightly and Bloom better.

Moving on, I'd highly recommend the movie but NOT in 3D. There is no reason to pay double unless you're really a fan of 3D. But if not, stay away. Save that extra money for snacks or a nice meal afterwards.

On the other hand, I do see why some people are not satisfied with the film. It kinda banks heavily on Jack Sparrow and his awesome epicness. But I don't mind it. The story was nice, the acting was great and everything else you'd expect from a typical blockbuster Hollywood movie is there - from guns to hot babes to big explosions. If you are a big fan of the franchise, this is a must see on the movie house for ultimate viewing experience (provided your local theater is at least nice =p) If you are fan of the franchise but are afraid to be disappointed, don't be. Granted that there is still a possibility that you might be unsatisfied (because everyone has his or his own taste), don't let it stop you from experiencing the film on the big screen.

Though I think the film is good enough to introduce people to the franchise, I highly discourage it. I strongly suggest watching the first three films if you have time before seeing this one. You will be most pleased.

I don't care what those pretentious, self-righteous and conceited reviewers at Rotten Tomatoes say, this film is still bad ass. =P

But I must admit, it is the weakest among the four Pirates films. The Law of Diminishing Returns takes its toll on Jack Sparrow. Even so, I would not dare call this a bad film of any sort.

I guess it's no secret that I will be eagerly waiting for Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides