Watch Watchmen

I thought Kick-Ass was a little dark for a superhero movie. But apparently, darker comics are coming to the big screen as well. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, actually, it's really... awesome.

Don't expect to see your regular feel-good, happily-ever-after, hero-takes-care-of-the-bad-guys super hero movie. Wathcmen is far from it. And also, the movie is more than 2-1/2 hours long so be sure you have time on your hands when you watch it. And the movie requires a lot of attention. Not that it lacks on action and explosions, but you will need to pay attention to know what the hell is going on. If you don't like that, this movie is not for you.

And when I said dark, I meant dark. It's not just the excessive (and rather cool) fight and action scenes. The story itself is not from your typical good-guy-defeats-bad-guy comic book or movie.

I also enjoyed the thorough display of the back-story of the characters. It helped a lot in illustrating why and how the events unfold. I love how diverse the characters are and how well they are shown.

Apart from that, the twists and turns are all amazing. Each revelation is more awesome and intriguing than the last and will keep you are glued up until the last moments of the movie.

PLUS, the movie had some real good sexy time! =P

If you haven't seen the movie yet, see it first before proceeding. Spoilers are on the way.

---Spoiler Alert---

I love the alternate history storyline. You don't see that often enough in movies nowadays.
My only little disappointment is the very slight predictability. Right when I saw Veidt for the first time, I had a hunch that he was the villain mastermind. You can't be that blond and that sharp and shiny looking without being the lead OR the villain. And at that point it was clear that there was no leader among the Watchmen.

But even having said that, Ozymandias delivered my favorite line in the movie. I like the part when he said that he has already triggered the multi-city explosions more than half an hour prior. It just screws everything up. Suddenly, everything was too late.

The ending was superb. In fact, it's one of the best things that I liked about the movie. I loved how things just "kinda" works out for the best and that Jon had to kill Rorschach to "preserve the peace."

---Spoiler Over---

My recommendation: if you're in the mood for some heavy action/drama with loads of fighting, explosions and guns but don't want to skip on a thought-provoking story, there is a must see. Just don't expect a typical feel-good, shiny superhero movie.